Monday, November 10, 2008

A long story with a happy ending

A long story with a great ending

So it’s been a 24 hours since my last post. I was so enraged I could hardly stand. Let’s just catch up.

1. while I was at work my daughter used one of her earned freedoms to run away again.
2. My ex went out looking for her and in the end one of Tori’s friends brought her home to her moms.
3. Karin then caved in and said Tori was not going to be brought back over.

So the number one problem of my daughter using drama to control my Ex was well on it’s way to returning.

Now lets flash back 15 years I had a nephew who was in a bad place. Growing up with a disconnected father and a divorced mother who let him drink and party all he wanted her was not only on the brink of failing High school he was on the brink of going to jail.

I convinced my father that we had to step in and we did. We moved him and we both worked together on helping DJ. For the first time in his life he figured out he was way smart enough and he managed to get good grades and graduate.

I still remember the hug I got from him after he graduated, it was awesome.

He moved back with his mother and in the end he started down the dark spiral. The next thing I knew her was in jail. When he got out he bounced around for a while. Into drugs then out. I pulled a couple of rescues when he was down and wanted back out.

Years ago he got clean and he stayed clean. He has been amazing in his long term recovery. He is now a man I respect now and he is solid gold in my book.

Ok back to last night. I’m sitting at home so freaking mad. I’m weighing never talking to my ex-wife or daughter just because I don’t want to go down the same path again. I don’t want to play a role in the drama cycle.

Then out of no place my nephew calls and says he and Tori are talking. Well I feel better knowing that he is talking to her. I still went to sleeping knowing that I would not be seeing my daughter for a long while

Then at midnight I wake up and my daughter is home? She looks at me and says “I’m back dad I want to go back to school.” I was floored. The Drama cycle has never been broken especially by my Daughter and now here right in front of me is my daughter breaking it.

Wow! my nephew that I helped came to my help. He helped Tori write things out and decide. I went through the day stunned. I knew my daughter was in school. I knew she would be safe. She was home in her room doing homework how cool is that.

I still find it almost impossible to talk with my EX but for now I will take a deep breath and just do another day with my daughter.


Oh and thanks to my Neph

3 comments:

Gina - RoseThistleArtworks said...

That is wonderful news! I'm so glad to hear the seeds you planted in love with your nephew are bearing such fruit. God works in mysterious ways. Maybe if she hadn't left, your nephew wouldn't have been involved or had a chance to share his experiences like that, one on one? You have a lot of people praying for you and your daughter. God bless you. :)

About Me said...

I love it when a plan comes together!

You are amazing, and I have so much love and admiration for you and your daughter (and, now, your nephew) I'm fit to burst.

Please let Tori know that she's got a lot of people holding her in a place of peace and health, and that we're willing to do whatever we need to do to help her through the rough spots.

Tomyris / Turi

Unknown said...

Hi!
I have been following your blog and just want to ask how is Tori today?